Gather up the kids and do a fun tasty treat while they are on Winter Break this year! Kids love to be involved in the Kitchen! So pick up these few ingredients, put on the Holiday music and start decorating! What your kids’ faces glow with excitement when you tell them the fun activity for the day!
What you will need:
- Red food color
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla frosting (from a 16 oz can) – or you can make your own
- 12 (2.5 inch square) graham crackers
- 1 cup (about 75) mini marshmallows cut in half
- 6 small red gumdrops, cut in half
- 24 red M&Ms or other small red candy, like red cinnamon candies
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper. In a small bowl stir 1/4 to 1/2 tsp red food coloring into 1/4 cup of frosting; blend well. In a separate bowl, stir 1 drop of red food coloring into the remaining 1 cup of frosting.
- For each cookie, frost 1 inch of one corner of cracker with dark red frosting for Santa’s hat. Place 1 marshmallow piece in corner for pom-pom.
- Frost remainder of cracker with pink frosting. Place marshmallow pieces on pink frosting around 2 sides for beard. Add gumdrop for nose and M&Ms or cinnamon candies for eyes. Place on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
Thanks, musingsforasahm.com for sharing!